Frequently Asked QuestionsFamily Services and Food Bank
Who is eligible for assistance?
To be eligible for assistance it is necessary to have experienced one of the following situations:
- An inability to pay rent, utilities and food on the fixed income that you receive;
- An inability to cover increased living expenses;
- A sudden loss of income,
- A sudden onset of illness, or
- A disaster such as a fire, a flood, or a theft.
How do I access assistance?
To access assistance in Owen Sound, you need to have an appointment with one of our In-take Workers. You can make an appointment in person (Monday to Friday, 9 am – 12 pm or 1 pm – 3 pm), by calling the Office at 519-371-0957, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access assistance in Saugeen Shores, please drop in to the Saugeen Shores Community & Family Services office on Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays from 9 am – 12 pm or 1 pm – 3 pm, call 519-389-3942, or e-mail email@example.com.
At your In-Take appointment, you will be required to complete an Assistance Application form, and provide the following documentation:
- Appropriate identification for each family member