Family Services and Food BankOwen Sound
The Salvation Army provides assistance to families and individuals with non-perishable food items, frozen meat products, dairy items, bread products and fresh fruits and vegetables when available on a monthly basis
Our ‘Shopping Room’ is a model of emergency food distribution that enables individuals to select their own food, much like a grocery store. Shopping room pantries allow individuals the ability to chose from a wide variety of foods, better enabling persons to meet their personal dietary needs.
The Shopping Room Model offers others advantages, including:
– a sense of dignity for participants and their families
– higher satisfaction with the food they are able to choose
– less waste and ultimately better use of food provided
– greater opportunities for volunteers and participants to interact
– more social, supportive relationship opportunities
PLEASE NOTE THE SHOPPING ROOM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED WHILE WE TRANSISTION THROUGH COVID-19. PRE-PACKED FOOD HAMPERS ARE PROVIDED WITH AS MUCH VARIETY AS POSSIBLE.